Project Coördinator DBYN
Don Bosco Youth-Net (DBYN) zoekt een voltijdse medewerker voor de functie 'project coördinator'. De kandidaat kan werken vanuit Leuven (België), of vanuit een lidorganisatie in het buitenland. Solliciteren kan tot 4 augustus, de aanvang van de job is verzien begin september.
De uitgebreide vacature is geschreven in het Engels, dat is de voertaal van de job.
Project Coordinator (VACANCY)
Don Bosco Youth-Net ivzw (DBYN) is searching for an employee for the position of Project Coordinator. The selected candidate can be based in Leuven, Belgium but could also be based in another member country, and will be employed full time, starting at the beginning of September 2019.
Don Bosco Youth-Net iwzv
DBYN is an international network of Salesian youth work offices and youth organisations which work in the style of Don Bosco. The network assemblies 18 organisations, +1.000 employees and +9.000 volunteers, who cater for over 125.000 children and young people in 16 European countries. The task of the network is to create and promote international activities for and by young. Next to that we create possibilities for our member organisations to share their good practices and start-up new projects together. Furthermore, we represent the voice of Don Bosco young people on European and international level through advocacy work. All actions which we carry out within the network are based on the pedagogical system of Don Bosco, a pedagogical approach with a tradition of over 170 years. The project coordinator will be in charge of the project management and the promotion/communication about DBYN.
A. Tasks description
- Attend G.E.B.-meetings to support the statutory bodies and the working structures of DBYN
- Be part of the Working Group on Finances
- Be part of the Working Group on Communication
- Be part of the Coordination Group on Representation
- Create tools for fundraising
- Search for possible funding sources
- Support member organisations on funding
- Manage the solidarity fund
- Carry out the operational planning
Meetings and events management
- Organise work meetings to follow-up on the development of the network
- Coordinate events of DBYN (i.e. trainings, seminars, study visits, etc.)
- Represent DBYN towards the European Youth Forum
- Represent DBYN within the Don Bosco Movement
- Represent DBYN towards other organisations and institutions
Communication and promotion
- Be the contact and information point for the member organisations
- Develop and disseminate publications and promotional materials
- Maintain websites and intranet of DBYN
- Promote and update social media channels of DBYN
- Develop promotional materials
Legislation and policy
- Follow up and implement European policies develop by different European institutions
- Develop methods and procedures to strengthen cooperation within the network
- Collect and disseminate new trends/tools/methods in international youth work
- Facilitate cooperation between member organisations
- Manage and support pools of volunteers (i.e. representatives, trainers, chaplains)
- Consultancy and support towards member organisations
- Develop new projects
- At least secondary education diploma, accompanied by relevant experience in the field
- Higher education diploma in relevant field (i.e.: social sciences, social work, youth work, management, organizational development, ...)
- Experience in youth work sector
- Experience in programs and projects management
- Experience in working with Europeancooperation in the youth field
- Experience in an (international) membership based organisation
- Experience in meeting and events organisation
- An understanding of youth work and nonformal education
- Knowledge of youth work funding mechanisms at European level
- Knowledge of basic communication tools and channels for organisational communication
- An understanding of the ethos/workings of a Salesian organisation / Don Bosco Youth-Net
- Knowledge policies at European level relevant to youth work
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong IT-skills and capacity to learn working with new tools / systems / programs
- Writing and reporting skills
- Strong intercultural skills
- Ability to facilitate cooperation among members in order to achieve organisational goals
- Ability to work with (groups of) volunteers and ensure results are achieved
- Capacity to represent the organisation in a targeted way, depending on stakeholder
- Capacity for fundraising with public and private bodies
- Ability to manage and mentor other staff members (i.e. interns, student workers)
- Understanding of Dutch language
- Commitment to the non-profit sector
- Ability to work independently with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Have a proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude with the motivation to succeed and be able to work as part of a team when required
- Focussed and creative with a capacity to work within a deadline with short term targets achieved
- Open-minded and willing to learn
- Open to work within the framework ofvalues promoted by Don Boscoorganisations
C. Terms of contract
- Permanent full time position for 3-5 years
- Position open to EU member states citizens or holders of EU work permit
- Salary according to the national legal schemes
- Days of paid annual holidays and bank holidays according to the national legal scheme, extra compensation days for overnights and work abroad.
- Office based in one member country, but regular telework can be negotiated.
- Regular travelling to the international secretariat based in Leuven
- Regular travelling in Europe and weekend work is required
D. Selection procedure
- Interested candidates shall send their Curriculum Vitae (2p max, in English) and a personal motivation based on questions provided (see below) to email@example.com by Sunday, 4th August (23:59).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the second stage by the Friday, 9th of August the latest. For the second stage the candidates will receive a job related task assignment which needs to be completed by Sunday the 11th of August (23:59).
- An online task assessment through Skype will take place on Saturday, 17th August. Timeslots will be proposed by the selection committee.
- A final selection of 2 or 3 candidates will be invited for job interviews in person at the international secretariat in Heverlee. Travel compensation will be foreseen by DBYN. The interviews will be planned during the third week of August (detailed schedule to be confirmed).
- Questions for the personal motivation (2p max, in English):
1. Why do you choose to apply for this position?
2. Demonstrate with 3 examples how your previous education and/or experience will contribute to you being project manager for DBYN?
3. DBYN applies the educational methodology of Don Bosco. What in your opinion is the added value of this approach for European youth work?
For additional information on the vacancy, please reach out to Mr Fonny Grootjans: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the vacancy in PDF.